This project focuses on using Learning Portfolios for deeper, integrated learning and includes development through separate pages and posts. For a full report of the research and development related to this project, download this document.
This site focuses on using Learning Portfolios in three different ways:
- As an individual, for a “stand alone” personal exploration activity for greater self awareness, leading potentially to greater self-integration and fulfillment
- As a teacher, designed as an integral course element that stimulates deeper learning and exhibits evidence of learning
- Across a program, used broadly from multiple courses, for “reflection-in-action” about particular concepts and connections, as well as summative reflection related to program outcomes and identity development
Support pages include:
- A page with some tips to help one activate a WordPress site for portfolio development
- A WordPress site designed as a “template” for using Learning Portfolios across the College of Business program at California State University, Monterey Bay (CSUMB).
Some posts related to deeper, core topics can be found directly on the Posts page. For example, I’ve used one to explain why I focused on Learning Portfolios and another to share some reasons that Reflection is so important. I also used posts to write my personal learning experience reflections for an example of the results of the individual process described on the About You – making connections from a collage of reflections page.
Please comment or email, I look forward to learning from your feedback!